This month I surprised myself and I read 9 books!! It may not seem to be a lot to some, but it’s a lot to me.
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. I didn’t like this book at all…Well the only thing I liked was Gabrielle’s take on the afterlife. Review Here.
- Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang. I didn’t really care for this book, but I didn’t think that it deserved less than 3 Stars. The main character was so rude, it was hard for me to feel bad for her. Review coming soon!
- Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr. I liked this book, but it seemed like there was nothing going on in most of the book. All the juice came in at the last second. Review coming soon!
- Milk Bar Life by Christina Tosi. Loved the pictures and the stories in this cookbook. Sadly there were some things I just didn’t care for. Review Here. *I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. I liked this book a lot. At first I wasn’t sure about it, but then after reading a few chapters, I couldn’t put it down. I’m glad I read it! Review coming soon!
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler. I really liked this book. At first I didn’t even realize that it is a retelling of The Little Mermaid (duh!). The only reason I didn’t give this book 5 Stars is because it seemed to go on and on and on at some points. Review coming soon!
- One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones. I really enjoyed this book, it was a bit predictable, but still enjoyable. Review coming soon!
- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. Can I just say that I think I have fallen in love with Sarah Dessen. Her books are amazing! I know this is only the 3rd book I’ve read by her, but I am in awe. Review coming soon!
- The Goats by Brock Cole. I fell in love with this movie and when I found out that it was a book, I had to read it. It’s a little different, but I still loved it!
Not putting a number on the amount of books to read in July seemed to work wonders. I will do the same this time and just hope that I can read as much if not more than I did this month.