I know I said before, that I would not be doing anymore awards, but I thought about it, and maybe I’ll just be collecting the questions as the come, and answer them from time to time…If that makes any sense. So I’ve been recently nominated for the Liebster Award three times, and The Real Neat Blogger award once, so I am going to answer the questions in this post! 🙂 Sadly I won’t be nominating anyone for these awards, but I would like to give a big thanks to Jonas @ Other Things, Zainab @ Teen Book Lit 101, Brianna @ Paperback Bri, and Melissa @ Book Nerd Momo, for the nominations! They are very much appreciated! 🙂 Let’s get started! 😀
Questions From Jonas:
- What book did you recently read and why should I consider reading it as well?
The Moon & More by Sarah Dessen. You should read it because all of her book are great.
- What movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
Girl On The Train. October can’t come any faster!!
- Which movie adaptation of a book do you like most?
Fight Club is a good one. I also really enjoyed Girl Interrupted.
- How do you decide when and what to read?
Whatever looks good at the moment.
- Find me a song that I should be playing right now.
Jailbirds by Cold War Kids.
- What’s the most binge-worthy TV series you’ve seen?
Parenthood, Broad City, and of course, THE NANNY!
- What is your favorite quote, book or movie, and why did it grab your attention?
“What a loss to spend that much time with someone, only to find out that she’s a stranger.”
- Are you a comic book reader? If so, which series should I definitely pick up?
No I’ve never read a comic book…But I would like to someday.
- Do you read the book before watching the adaptation or after?
I use to make sure and read them before the movie came out, but now I don’t really care. I watched Fight Club, before I read the book, and I read The Hunger Games Trilogy before watching the movie.
- Are you a buyer or someone who gets books from the library/streams movies?
A buyer. I like owning my books.
- What movie did you not expect to like as much as you do?
All the Divergent movies that have come out. Also The Maze Runner movies.
Questions From Zainab:
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
Just something that came to me out of no where…Well not really out of no where. I use to follow a blog (until it closed) called Foodcoma, and I really liked that idea. So months later, when I started this blog and needed a name, Foodcoma just popped up in my head, and I like books, so I called my blog BookComa.
- Where do you like to shop most for books and why?
Half Price books, cause they are cheap.
- What is your fave book genre?
- Tea/Coffee or Hot Choco?
Tea/Coffee. I’ve never been a Hot Chocolate type of girl.
- Are you a morning person?
I don’t know.
- Besides from reading, What do you do in your spare time?
Watch TV/Movie or Bake stuff.
- What mode of transport do you use?
- Name one author you aspire to be like?
None, cause I don’t want to be a writer.
- What book would you like to be turned into a movie?
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick.
- Which book are you anticipating a lot to be released or to read?
The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon.
Questions From Brianna:
- Series or stand alones?
- What was the last book that made you cry?
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen.
- What book do you recommend to everyone?
The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins.
- What is your most anticipated release for 2016 part 2?
The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon.
- If you were a DJ, what would your name be?
I have no idea…
- Favorite thing about blogging?
Sharing thoughts on books.
- What authors do you wish would team up for a book?
I actually don’t wish authors would team up on books…
- What super hyped book did you not like?
The Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead. Everyone Loved it, and made it sound like if I liked the Vampire Academy series, then I HAD to read Bloodlines…All it did was piss me off…Now I hate Sydney and Adrian…And I don’t think that’s the reaction Richelle Mead, was going for…
- What was the book that got you into reading?
I can’t even remember. I just really liked reading from a young age.
- What book/s impacted you?
All of Sarah Dessen’s books. I feel like they always have a good message, that everyone can take something from.
- What is your favorite band/song/album right now?
Cold War Kids, and my favorite song at the moment is Hear My Baby Call.
Questions From Melissa:
- What’s your go-to book that you bring with you anytime you’re going on a long trip?
I don’t go on many trips, and if I do, I’m usually driving…But, if I didn’t have to, I would take any Sarah Dessen book. All of the ones I have read so far, have been great!
- What’s one quote you find really inspiring?
“The thing is, you can’t always have the best of everything. Because for a life to be real, you need it all: good and bad, beach and concrete, the familiar and the unknown, big talkers and small towns.” – Sarah Dessen, The Moon & More.
- What’s one book you dislike that is really popular?
I’ll just say the whole Bloodlines Series. It just didn’t do it for me…
- If you could transform into any animal what animal would you choose and why?
Hmm, either an Elephant, or a Whale. They are my two favorite animals. They are just so big, and majestic.
- If you could only watch one TV show for the rest of your life what show would you choose?
Law & Order SVU…It never gets old. They come up with new stuff, ever time so it’s never boring!
- eBook or Physical Copy? What do you prefer to read?
I prefer reading, Physical Copies. I just like having the book in my hand.
- If time travel was suddenly possible tomorrow where would you go and why?
You won’t ever catch me time traveling! I’m a black woman, and the past wasn’t great, and the future, doesn’t look any better…
Thanks again for the nominations!! 😀