I’ve decided that in 2016, I want to participate in some reading challenges. I searched and searched and searched, and I FINALLY found something that was right up my street.
The first reading challenge I will be doing in 2016 is the 2016 Monthly Keyword Reading Challenge, Hosted by My Soul Called Life.
How The Challenge Works:
For this challenge, I have chosen six keywords associated with each month in 2016. Your task is to read one book each month whose title includes one or more of the keywords for that month. Simple right?
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- You can join anytime before December 31, 2016
- You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc.
- The book title you choose can be a variation on one of the keywords. For example, your title could include the word ‘snowing’ or ‘snowflake’ even though the key word is ‘snow.’
- Keywords can be tweaked. For example, you could read Cinder or Snow Like Ashes for the keyword ‘fire‘ and that would be just fine. If the key word is ‘family‘ then your title could include the word ‘sister’ or ‘mother.’ If the key word is ‘food‘ then your title could include the word ‘cake’ or ‘milk.’ It’s similar to the word game Word Association
- Link up below to participate linking your post, Goodreads shelf, etc.
- Lastly, have fun! This challenge is simply for the pure satisfaction of reading so please don’t worry if you have to skip a month or if you have to read your books out of order!
The 2016 Keywords:
The Second Challenge I will be participating in is the Popsugar 2016 Reading Challenge, where I just have to read books that fit the checklist prompts. This one may be a problem for me, but I still want to at least try.
I also want to read at least 2 books from the Popsugar list each month. So by the end of the year that will be 24 books. Hopefully some of the books I read can count for both challenges, that would be a great help! 🙂
If you would like to join in on the Popsugar Reading Challenge,
here is the Checklist:
I’m crossing my fingers that 2016 will be a better reading year. I know I did read a little over 60 books this year, but I wanted to try something different for 2016. Let’s just hope I stick with it, and I don’t get bored. 😐 Let’s do it! 😀
Are you guys doing any reading challenges in 2016? Let me know in the comments! 😀