Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With:
- Holden Caulfield – The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. I’ve mentioned a few times before how much I disliked this book. Holden got on my nerves sooo much! I got real tired of his whole everyone’s phony blah blah blah. Get over yourself Sir.
- Ames – Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. What can I say beside he is a PERV! I knew there was something up with him the moment he was introduced. It’s just sad that Sydney’s parents were too busy being blinded by her brother Peyton’s problems, they didn’t catch on to Ames’ scam sooner. What a CREEP!
- Dex– Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I hate cheaters, and he was a big fat cheater! Dex wanted to have his cake and eat it too. I hate when people love someone and don’t come out and say it up front. If he would have done that in the beginning, none of this mess wouldn’t have happened! He should be ashamed of himself. I don’t think he deserved to be happy in the end. Yeah, I know that was a bit harsh, but I really don’t care!
- Étienne St. Clair – Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I’m sorry, but he was sooooo ANNOYING! I wish Anna didn’t fall for his short ass (HA!). He is VERY clingy and I just can’t stand him.
- Cal Owen – Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara. He was such a flip flopper. One minute he was all up on Wren, then the next minute he acted as if he wanted nothing to do with her. He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, and live life.
- Isabel – Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. She was unnecessarily mean. I know she went through some stuff growing up, but that gives her no right to be so bitchy. At times she was nice to Colie, but then she would go and say something completely out of order to her and it erased her niceness.
- Liz Hall – Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. She was such a brat. Her Grandma was trying as best she could to be there for her and during most of the book she was just too much. I know she just died and everything but she was so rude.
- Peter – P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. I just found him to be the biggest jerk EVER! I did not approve of his relationship with Genevieve (?). It was unacceptable, I don’t care what her big secret was, but he should have let Lara Jean know what was going on, so she wasn’t sitting around thinking the worst.
- Anna Bloom – Have A Nice Day by Julie Halpern. I found Anna to be cute and funny in Get Well Soon, but found her VERY annoying in Have A Nice Day. She was such a Poser and did things because she thought it would look cool. She didn’t even know anything about Anarchy yet, she was drawing the symbol on her wall. AND she hid it from her parents because she didn’t want to get in trouble…come on!
- The Mom – Learning Not To Drown by Anna Shinoda. That lady was so DELUSIONAL!! She needed to get real and see things as they actually were. She acted like her bad ass son was the King of Everything!
*Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.