Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught X 101
(examples: YA fantasy 101, feminist literature 101, magic in YA 101, classic YA lit 101, world-building 101):
Mental Heath in Literature 101:
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti.
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen.
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.
- It’s Kind of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.
- The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon.
- My Heart & Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga.
- The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey.
*Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.