Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds: (love reading, are writers, work at a bookstore, etc.)
Characters In Literature:
- Kirby, The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler. Kirby loved books and always seemed to be working at the Library. Anytime there was any kind of book mishap, they had her on speed dial. 4 Stars.
- Alaska Young, Looking For Alaska by John Green. Alaska loves reading, She had stacks on top of stacks of books all around her room. 5 Stars.
- Ruby, One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones. Ruby Mentions a few times that she loves to read. 4 Stars.
- Lennie Walker, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Lennie isn’t a “Book Nerd”,but her writing is a big part of this book. She writes stories/poems on random objects, and leaves them around town. 5 Stars.
- Pat Peoples, The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. I wouldn’t say that Pat is a “Book Nerd”, but he does read a lot of books. He is reading all the books from his ex-wife’s syllabus, in hopes that it will help him understand her more. He thinks by doing so, it will push him one step closer to getting her to fall back in love with him. 5 Stars.
- Katie Kampenfelt, Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett. Even though most of her life was a lie, Katie did work at a bookstore. 5 Stars.
- Suzy Bishop(I think her name is Lucy in the book.),Moonrise Kingdom by Wes Anderson. When she decides to run away with Sam, Sam packs camping equipment, and she packs up her suitcase with binoculars, a kitten, her brothers record player, and 6 books. 3 Stars.
- Charlie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Charlie loves to read and write book reports for fun. For extra credit, his teacher Bill gives Charlie a list of his own favorite books to read. 5 Stars.
Characters On TV:
- Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons. I don’t think there’s anyone on this planet who doesn’t know who Lisa Simpson is. I think she is the definition of “Book Nerd”. She is what…8 years old, and she has read more Classics than I probably ever will.
- Daria of the TV Show Daria. Who doesn’t love Daria? When she’s not winning the hearts of many with her sarcasm and wit, you will find her lost in one of many books.
*Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday|July 28th, 2015.”
Giovanna, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. 🙂
How are you!?
Lisa Simpson! I haven’t thought of her in FOREVER.. Great list! Here is my list if you want to check it out: http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/book-nerd-characters/
I actually have to say that i never saw any episode of the Simpsons and because of that only recently learned about Lisa Simpson and her love for books, so i would be one of those people you talk about that have not heard about her love for books. 🙂
I love the books you choose and have to remember to read a few of them soon.
Wow, that’s crazy! Do you mind if I ask where you are from?